PAX East Video Game Convention.
Moderators: G-MAN-GUK, Sibren
GrumpyKingtiger
Fri Apr 18 2014, 04:04am

Donations: $270

Received: 28 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:

I just got back from taking my son to our first video game convention in Boston (USA). We had fun. I was hoping EA or Capcom would have been there but the didn't show.
My son's favorite game (League of Legends) creators Riot Games was there. They put on a hell of a show all 3 days. They were playing live games, handing out free stuff, live music etc... Out of all the booths, they were the best. There were some hot Cosplay women walking around that made the show interesting.
While I was wondering around the convention I found what looks to be a really cool game that is going to be released this summer called "Sniper elite". I believe it's a single player game and i don't know if it's for PC but it looks cool. I played it for a while and I had fun. There were a ton of gaming companies there as well as panels (lectures), software development companies, video game schools, New Egg, Microsoft, etc...
When I get a chance I'll post some pics from the show.
If you ever get the chance to go I would recommend it. We went for 3 days. You could probably get most of it in in 1 or 2 days.

(R)

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"
- General George. S. Patton
Buy GrumpyKingtiger a beer!
G-MAN-GUK
Fri Apr 18 2014, 04:37pm

Donations: n/a

Received: 49 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
It must be fricking huge if you can spend 3 days there, I would have thought a few hours tops.

Buy G-MAN-GUK a beer!
GrumpyKingtiger
Sat Apr 19 2014, 04:39am

Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
G-MAN-GUK wrote ...

It must be fricking huge if you can spend 3 days there, I would have thought a few hours tops.

It was like a mini vacation for my son and I. That's why we went for 3 days.

GrumpyKingtiger
Tue Apr 22 2014, 01:22am

Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
GrumpyKingtiger wrote ...

I just got back from taking my son to our first video game convention in Boston (USA). We had fun. I was hoping EA or Capcom would have been there but the didn't show.
My son's favorite game (League of Legends) creators Riot Games was there. They put on a hell of a show all 3 days. They were playing live games, handing out free stuff, live music etc... Out of all the booths, they were the best. There were some hot Cosplay women walking around that made the show interesting.
While I was wondering around the convention I found what looks to be a really cool game that is going to be released this summer called "Sniper elite". I believe it's a single player game and i don't know if it's for PC but it looks cool. I played it for a while and I had fun. There were a ton of gaming companies there as well as panels (lectures), software development companies, video game schools, New Egg, Microsoft, etc...
When I get a chance I'll post some pics from the show.
If you ever get the chance to go I would recommend it. We went for 3 days. You could probably get most of it in in 1 or 2 days.

Here are some pictures:

This isn't even an 8th of the size of the place!
(R)

Michael_Prytz
Tue Apr 22 2014, 05:30am

Donations: $1810

Received: 5 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
Holy cow ! that looks huge !

Buy Michael_Prytz a beer!
ardito
Tue Apr 22 2014, 08:42am

Donations: $721

Received: 4 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
@Grumpy Nice Pics!!!! Thank you
Buy ardito a beer!

Jump:     Back to top

Render time: 0.5775 sec, 0.0994 of that for queries. DB queries: 129. Memory Usage: 3,656kB