Memorial Day
Moderators: G-MAN-GUK, Sibren
GrumpyKingtiger
Mon May 30 2011, 06:13am

Donations: $270

Received: 28 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:

Monday, 30 May 2011 will Be Memorial Day in the United States. I am not familiar with other countries days of remembrance and if your country has one please add to this post. Also please don't disrespect this post. Read on and you'll find out why.

One thing I can't stand is when people say "Have a Happy Memorial Day!". Memorial Day is not a "Happy Day". It's not Christamas or Halloween it is a day to reflect and be thankful.
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who gave their lives fighting for their country. It is now just thought of as a 3 day weekend, a time to head to the beach or Barbecue in the yard.
There are still parades and speeches and laying of the wreaths. Each year these seem to get less frequent. This saddens me. I've lost friends and family in different conflicts and different eras. I consider myself lucky.

I will march in the parade and will help lead our Boy Scout Troop on the parade route. We will end up at our local war memorial. There will be fan fare and speeches. The the bugle will sound "Taps" and there will be the 21 Gun Salute. I already know that my knees will weaken and my lips will quiver as well as the tears that will well up but I will not allow them to be shed. My heart will pound and I will stand there silent at attention, saluting my fallen comrades from the "Great War" to the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. Then the bugle will stop and we will be dismissed.

Then every one will go about their business of enjoying the day. I just hope that they will remember that their day off of work comes on the deaths of so many brave men and women.

I guess the soldier in me respects my fellow soldiers of all nations. When I was stationed in Germany there was a memorial to the fallen German soldiers that died in WWI and WWII. We would allow the civilians to come in and take care of that memorial. When they couldn't make it, I would take some time to pull the weeds and clear the dead flowers. Although these men fought against my country, they were still soldiers doing their jobs fighting for their country.

When I went to London with my girlfriend she wanted to go shopping etc.. On the way there I saw a War Memorial and I went in to pay my respects. I removed my hat entering this place of honor. My girlfriend understood, and gave me the time to stop and read some of the names. Many of them the same as on some of the U.S. Memorials. I said a prayer and we left.
We went to Paris on that vacation and I did the same there for the French soldiers.

When we went to Canada I did the same at a memorial outside of Toronto. We visited a fort their from the war of 1812. When they retired the Canadian Flag and the English Union Jack. I stood at attention as they marched by. I did not salute but I did pay respect to those flags. Afterwards one of the Color Guard soldiers came up to me and thanked me. He said I was the only one that he had seen do that. Then he saw my Veteran hat and knew right away why I had done it.

I've been to Japan and visited a memorial there that we came across some where near YoYogi. My friend who I was their on business with, couldn't understand why I wanted to visit the memorial. He never served, so he will never understand.

I believe General George S. Patton said it best - "Let us not mourn those who have died in battle. Let us be thankful that such men have lived.

If you have read this whole post I thank you. Please, from whatever country you come from, remember those who have fought for you, living and dead.

Thank you,
John

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"
- General George. S. Patton
Buy GrumpyKingtiger a beer!
DeathtoAll6
Mon May 30 2011, 06:20am

Donations: $140

Received: 62 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
well said Thanks
i will be attending the parade and memorial service here
in Gloucester tommorow
i was in the army as a combat engineer\demolition expert, but got out before the first desert storm ..could be why i love to blow stuff up

can one of the Masters please embed this video Thanks

[ Edited Mon May 30 2011, 04:19pm ]

Buy DeathtoAll6 a beer!
Djkiller2142
Mon May 30 2011, 07:24am

Donations: $137

Received: 5 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
well sayed thanks man alot i know what your saying
Buy Djkiller2142 a beer!
Tipsey
Mon May 30 2011, 03:25pm

Donations: $275

Received: 168 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
Well said Grumpy, Thank you Grumpy and Death for what you have done for our Country, now that I have 2 in the Army and 1 in the National Guard, I really have something to be thankful for. Im proud of my young men, as I am with all of you.

Buy Tipsey a beer!
qc_erik
Mon May 30 2011, 06:25pm

Donations: $775

Received: 8 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
In Canada, memorial day is November 11
I have enclosed for you to remember also
sacrifices of our soldiers and their families
Buy qc_erik a beer!
Tipsey
Mon May 30 2011, 06:28pm

Donations: $275

Received: 168 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
One in all erik, dont care what Country, its all the same to me.
They all Sacifices there lives to save yours.

Buy Tipsey a beer!
Escobar
Thu Jun 09 2011, 12:07pm

Donations: $0

Received: 0 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
I must admit you touched my heart Grumpy.

Since I come from a country that has been tourned by war I have to say something also.
My army the former VRS or the ``Vojska Republike Srpske`` is an army that you call ``Bosnia Serb Army``.

Thats not throught. We are not Bosnian Serbs we are just Serbs-- SRBI----

Former Yugoslavian Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina was 54% Serbian 36% Bosnian or like we call them Muslims because they name Bosnians was not existing. Because they were not a coonstitutional people. Because they were not many of them.

But they were living fine like all the others in the Yugoslavia.

Then came the full of crap politicians who wanted to tear appart Yugoslavia and they succedet.
When I say politicians I say: Franjo Tudjman, Slobodan Milosevic, Alija Izabegovic and the newest Hashim Tadjhi.

We were fighting for existance in Bosnia. If we were not fighting we would have got exterminated by the HVO and the Bosnian paramilatary forces.

But for some way we take all the blame for the war the SERBS.

Ratko Mladic IS A GENERAL WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR EXISTANCE NOT FREEDOM BUT PURE EXISTANCE. NO WAR CRIMINAL.
Hes a legend like your WASHINGTON and PATTON.
I hate the media stupid. How much attention are they making on a man that has fought for freedom.

There was no genocid. Srebrenica was a Serbian town in Serbian land. He was just deporting them into Sarajevo and other Muslim towns.
The only poeole that died there were the GREEN BERRETS or the paramilitary Bosnian army force.

And then NATO comes and bombes my town my land my people. I HATE NATO.
BUT I LOVE FREEDOM. That are my words.
Whats NATO doing after all-- of I know KILLING PEOPLE, like now in Lybia, Irak, Afganistan. And nothing good comes just bad things like increasing number of terrorists THAT ARE NOW BLOWING THEMSELF UP TO KILL YOUR FREEDOM BECAUSE YOU KILLED THEIR.

Because of NATO and US bad goverment valuation WE NOW HAVE TERRORISTS IN OUR LAND AND OSAMA VAS SOMEWHERE HERE TOO.
SO thats what you have done.

ITS ALL GOING TO BACKFIRE TO YOU GUYS SOONER OR LATER. EITHER WAY I DONT WANT THEM IN MY LAND ALSO.
HERE AROUND ZENICA, SARAJEVO, TUZLA are TRAINING CAMPS FOR THE MUDZAHEDINS, AND Al-QAIDA. THAT ARE GOING TO BOMB EVERY MAJOR CITY IN EUROPE. And there is nothing we can do now.

We have no army now. So I cant serve for my country.

BUT we still remember our memorial day the 12th may.

This is our folk music.

This is GENOCIDE 700.000 SERBS HAVE DIED HERE BY THE HANDS OF THE CROATS AND MUSLIMS.

JASENOVAC-

NO ONE WAS TRILED FOR THESE CRIMES.

MANY SERBS HAVE DIED FOR THEIR LAND AND MANY MORE WILL DIE IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO TAKE OUR LAND.

AND I WILL GIVE MY LIFE FOR IT.
LONG LIVE OUR PATRIOTISM.
i have meny members of my family who have server in the war and who died for our FREEEEEEDOME.
I believe you dont have dont have that.
THATS MY STORY

ZIVJELA NASA REPUBLIKA SRPSKA.
BOG CUVA SRBE.

[ Edited Thu Jun 09 2011, 07:18pm ]

Buy Escobar a beer!
Escobar
Thu Jun 09 2011, 07:16pm

Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
If you are smart you will watch these clips and learn something new and hear new kind of music.

Just like I hear your music and I love it. I just love English.

If thats not the case and you dont want to learn the real story than you are my friends media belivers who now terrorise Lybia who is fighting for its freedome now from the rebels.

AND FOR THE RECORD GOOGlE ``ANTE PAVELIC`` this was the wors fuc*ing animal that has lived on Earth he was even worse than HITLER.
THIS MAN MY FRIENDS WAS SERVED A BASKET FULL OF HUMAN EYES FOR XMAS.
I GUESS THERE IS NO AND THERE WILL BE NO BIGGER ANIMAL THAN HIM ON EARTH. HE WAS NOT KILLING SISTEMATICALY LIKE Htler WITH HIS GAS CHAMBERS HE WAS TORTURING PEOPLE AND ACTUALY ENJOYING THAT ACT. THEY WERE BUTTING BARBED WIRE THROUGHT THE ONE EAR AND PUSHED IT UNTILL IT COMES OUT THROUGT THE OTHRE. THAT PAIN WAS JUST -- UNDISCREIBLE.

That story was told by my grand grand mother who was the only surviver of the her whole family. I dont want to even guess how she felt after she lost everything and everybody.

Iwe only writen this so you can know the real story. How we are living here. Like for instance we cant buy on eBay and that sucks

[ Edited Thu Jun 09 2011, 11:49pm ]

Buy Escobar a beer!
GrumpyKingtiger
Fri Jun 10 2011, 06:25am

Donations: $270

Received: 28 beers
Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
Escobar, I have watched all of the movies. I have learned much from them. I am sorry for what you and your country has gone through and I hope things will improve. You must stand up for what you believe in and never back down.

I think you misunderstood me when I was talking about the soldiers from other countries. I was talking about the regular soldiers: Tank crewman, pilots, sailors, the regular soldiers.
I hate the death camp Nazis and Ustashas. I have no respect for them and I would pis on their graves if I could. I hate those assholes for what they did to innocent people.

As far as the media goes I don't trust them. They are political liars who have their own agenda. They will say anything to make people do what they want. They manipulate people who are not smart enough to think for themselves or are too lazy to find the truth.
They protect the politicians that they like and they do everything to destroy the ones that they don't like. They have made so many cover ups for this current president that it is embarrassing. Our last president has been out of office for 3 years and the media tries to blame him for the mistakes of this current president.

I hope that you understand that my post was for the soldiers that were just doing their duty, not for the scumbags that were killing and torturing innocent people.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"
- General George. S. Patton
Buy GrumpyKingtiger a beer!
GrumpyKingtiger has been thanked 1 time for this post!
Escobar
Fri Jun 10 2011, 10:44am

Battlefield 3:
Battlefield 2:
Grumpy I just want to thank you for understanding, you are the first person that has real awareness for the things that are happining in the world.
I also understand what you wanted to say. The Americans were just great in WW2 I respect every loss because it was a for defeating and banning EVIL from this world.

I thank you for your support and will do our best to catch up with the rest of the world.

Unless the stupid politicians start a new war here.

The best thing that could happen to us all is that there were no wars in the world at all.
The only thing we need is peace in the world because we are all the same after all.

[ Edited Fri Jun 10 2011, 10:48am ]

Buy Escobar a beer!

Jump:     Back to top

Render time: 0.4498 sec, 0.0666 of that for queries. DB queries: 176. Memory Usage: 3,821kB